- Why do you think historical and geographical factors are connected to each other?
- What are the 8 factors of culture?
- How do historical and geographical factors influence culture?
- What is the importance of geography?
- What are the different factors that influence diversity?
- Which two factors influence the diversity of a region?
- What aspect of your life is most influence by culture?
- How can culture influence a person’s needs and preferences?
- How does geography influence culture?
- What factors can influence culture?
- What are some geographical factors?
Why do you think historical and geographical factors are connected to each other?
Both regions were influenced by Chinese and Arab traders.
It was the geography of Kerala which allowed for the cultivation of spices and the special geographical location of Ladakh and its wool that drew traders to these regions.
Thus history and geography are often tied in the cultural life of a region..
What are the 8 factors of culture?
Terms in this set (8)Religion. Beliefs of a society, some traditions.Art. Architecture, style.Politics. Government and laws of a culture (rules and leadership)Language. Communication system of a culture (speech, writing, symbols)Economy. … Customs. … Society. … Geography.
How do historical and geographical factors influence culture?
a. When we refer to historical factors, we refer to how past of a particular region affects and impacts its culture. Such a factor influences diversity of a region. … When we refer to geographical factors we refer to the location,climatic conditions, relief features of a particular area that again influences its culture.
What is the importance of geography?
1. Geography helps us understand basic physical systems that affect everyday life: How water cycles and ocean currents work are all explained with Geography. These are important systems to monitor and predict in order to help lessen the impact of disasters.
What are the different factors that influence diversity?
Primary dimensions of diversity include age, ethnicity and culture, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and capabilities (Schwind, Das, & Wagar, 2007. (2007). Diversity management.
Which two factors influence the diversity of a region?
Diversity is influenced by two main factors, i.e. historical factors and geographical factors.
What aspect of your life is most influence by culture?
Answer: Our culture greatly contributes to the development of our beliefs and values. For this reason, both cultural psychologists and social anthropologists believe that culture affects one’s personality. In addition, gender differences also influence the personality traits a person possesses.
How can culture influence a person’s needs and preferences?
Culture strongly influences our thoughts, beliefs, attitudes and behaviours. It impacts on the way we relate to others, the way we care for ourselves and our loved ones, the way we dress, eat, speak, write and live our lives.
How does geography influence culture?
So how does geography affect the cultures that develop around it? Experts point to the impact of certain physical features, such as landforms, climates, and natural vegetation. … If you live in the mountains, you’re likely to develop a particular culture that adapts to life at a high altitude.
What factors can influence culture?
Culturally determined characteristics include: the language spoken at home; religious observances; customs (including marriage customs that often accompany religious and other beliefs); acceptable gender roles and occupations; dietary practices; intellectual, artistic, and leisure-time pursuits; and other aspects of …
What are some geographical factors?
Geographical factors that affect developmentClimate. One of the most important factors in development is geography, where the country is in the world, and climate. … Location. Secondly, geographical location plays a part in access to markets. … Resources. Thirdly, every country has been dealt a hand in natural resources. … Stability.